Top 7 PDF Editors for Windows to Try
- Phantom PDF Editor by Foxit
- Nitro PDF Suite
- Qoppa PDF Studio Pro
- Kofax PDF Suite
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- ABBYY FineReader 15
Group 1: Pricing is under $100
- You can do paragraph edit on existing PDFs, enter columns, and create new pages.
- It also lets us change the formatting of the documents and their overall layout.
- Provision to add watermarks, stamps, and digital signatures to the documents.
- Apart from editing, users can also create new PDF documents from scratch.
2. PDFelementPDFelement by Wondershare is a smart and lightweight PDF editing software for Windows that offers a few other basic features as well. Using it, you can edit and create PDFs or collaborate with others as well.
- It has an inbuilt full-featured tool to edit PDF documents while retaining their format.
- If needed, you can also change the formatting of the document.
- There is also a provision to create new PDF files or convert files from one format to another.
- With its mobile app, there is also a provision to collaborate with others on the same document.
Group 2: Pricing is from $100 to $175
If you are looking for an all-in-one PDF editor, creator, and converter for Windows, then you would meet your requirements with Nitro PDF Suite. This user-friendly toolkit features dedicated applications that let us take full control of our PDF documents.
- You can take any existing PDF file and edit its content easily. This includes adding text, graphics, charts, tables, etc. or simply extracting content from it as well.
- There are tons of custom designs, logos, watermarks, etc. that are readily available in the tool.
- It has an inbuilt OCR reader that can convert scanned documents into editable PDF files.
- Tons of other creative features include adding hyperlinks, editing Bates numbering, unlimited eSigning of documents, and more.
Price: $159 (1-20 users) | Free Trial Version Also Available
The Qoppa PDF Studio offers two different versions, but in order to edit PDF documents, you need to get its Pro version. Apart from editing PDF documents, it would also let you access several other professional features as well.
- You can edit existing documents, compare PDF files, or sign them electronically.
- Advanced PDF splitting and merging features are also provided.
- Inbuilt OCR reader to scan documents as well as content editing option
- There is also an option to process multiple PDF documents in batches.
Price: $129 (for Pro version)
This is a popular PDF suite that is used by both Mac and Windows users the world over. One of the most trusted PDF editors for Windows, it can help you create new documents, convert, or edit existing files.
- This is an all-in-one tool that can help you create, edit, and convert PDF documents.
- It also provides simple ways to collaborate with others.
- Users can convert PDF files to JPEG and vice-versa as well
- There are dedicated standard and advanced versions for personal and business requirements.
Price: $129 (standard version)
Group 3: Pricing is above $175
Acrobat Pro DC is developed by Adobe to empower PDF documents with tons of additional features. One of the best PDF editors for Windows, it does come at a substantial price, but also offers tons of secure and creative functions for personal and professional use alike.
- It lets us edit texts, graphics, charts, tables, formats, etc. in existing PDF documents.
- You can export PDF documents in other formats like Excel, Word, or PowerPoint.
- Additional features to create forms, sign PDFs, reviewing documents, and more.
- Users can also scan documents as a PDF or even compare two different PDF files.
This is one of the high-end PDF editors for Windows that is mostly recommended for enterprises and businesses. It is also used by designers and professionals to meet their digital needs.
- There are all kinds of features to edit, collaborate, and share PDFs.
- You can create PDF documents of all kinds or even convert them into the desired format.
- Scanning of documents is provided through its OCR reader
- Fast and hassle-free digital signatures on documents
What should be considered while choosing a Windows PDF Editor?
After getting to know about so many PDF editors for Windows, you can pick an ideal tool by considering the following things in mind:
- It should provide fast and simple solutions to edit different components of a PDF document.
- Look for additional features to create PDF documents or convert them.
- Having a mobile app would be an add-on, letting you edit PDFs on the go.
- Also, keep in mind security features like eSigning or document verification
- Read the user feedback of the tool to make sure it would have a positive reputation
- It should be compatible with the Windows version you own.
That’s a wrap, everyone! I’m sure that after reading this post, you would be able to pick the best PDF editor for Windows. I would recommend an ideal option like Nitro PDF Suite since it offers tons of features at a great price. If you want, you can give its free version a try as well and further explore its features to be a judge of it yourself.