For more than 25 years now, PDF has been a valuable file format for professionals as well as individuals. With the gradual increase in cross-platform sharing and multi-device access, PDF’s popularity has also increased. While individuals usually have an option to open PDF in a free editor, businesses face issues in finding the right PDF editor Mac.
Keeping this requirement in mind, we have prepared a list of PDF editors for Mac.
5 Best PDF Editor for Mac Reviews
- PDF Expert
- PDF Pen Pro
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
Let’s dive in and see how the best PDF editor works and how you can use it.
Under USD 100
Foxit is truly a macOS PDF editor which helps you stay connected to the world. You can comment on your PDFs, receive notification of updates, and work in a feasible and user-friendly environment.
- You can stay connected through a highly secure environment and robust document manager of Foxit.
- It is possible to easily print PDF files through Foxit.
- You can create, collaborate, and share these documents.
- It is possible to take control of your files through encryption.
Price: USD 79, one-time payment
2. PDF Expert
PDF Expert PDF Editor for Mac helps you work in a clear interface with modern tools. This helps you read your documents in a comfortable and natural environment.
- You can annotate your text just like a textbook.
- It is possible to include forms in the PDF through this modern tool.
- If you have some contracts in the form of PDF, you can sign these digitally without any hassle.
- It is possible to reduce PDF size, edit PDF, and create new files.
Price: USD 79, one-time payment, license for 3 Macs
PDFelement (Wondershare PDF Editor for Mac) offers a simplified experience to its users. You can create, edit, or convert PDF using this OSX PDF Editor in a comfortable environment.
- You can convert PDFs to other formats such as office files.
- It is possible to comment on the PDF to keep a track of important notes.
- You can easily create PDF forms and even export this data to a spreadsheet.
- It is possible to protect or encrypt the documents to secure sharing.
- You can practically collaborate with every team member.
Price: USD 89 per year
Under USD 150-200
4. PDF Pen ProWith almost similar features as Adobe Acrobat, PDF Pen Pro additionally provides an interactive interface to you. One of the things that we like about this PDF Editor for macOS X is that it helps you export files to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- It is an all-purpose tool to edit, convert, or create PDF files.
- You can add digital signatures or make corrections to your files.
- It is available for both OS, Windows and Mac, which is feasible for businesses.
- You can export or convert documents to excel or spreadsheet.
- You can access your PDF documents on the cloud through PDF Pen Pro.
- You can scan your documents and access them in this tool.
- You can access your data from anywhere, irrespective of device or location.
- You can review and edit documents without any hassle. In fact, you can keep track of changes in documents.
- It is possible to access documents on the phone as well.
- You can digitally sign your documents to prove its authenticity.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Mac PDF EditorWhile we have already discussed the type of PDF editor app for Mac, how can you select the best editor for your office? Let’s find out:
- Analyze your need for converting, creating, and export PDF documents. Do you need to convert your PDF documents to excel frequently? You need to evaluate these factors to move ahead in the right direction. Also, it is suggested to decide this first before any other step.
- The ability of editing content is another major consideration for every business. This means the ability to resize or move elements, digitally sign, and comment on the documents. If you have high requirements for editing, then choose a PDF editor which offers a user-friendly interface.
- Although we have already mentioned the pricing of these PDF editors, you should assess your budget first to select one PDF editor for Mac. Purchase the editor which suits your pocket and budget.
- Security is a major factor with PDF documents. You should check the security structure of the editor to keep your confidential documents safe.