If you work with PDF files frequently, then you can understand how important it is to edit PDF documents. There are times when we all wish to edit the existing content of a PDF file, but can’t find an ideal solution. Well, the good news is that there are several techniques to edit a PDF file in one way or another. For instance, did you know that you can edit PDF in Google Docs for free? In this post, I’m going to explain the same with a stepwise way to edit PDF using Google Docs.
How to Use Google Docs to Edit PDF?
PSD files have become an inevitable part of our work culture due to their flexibility and universal appeal. Though, there are times when we wish to edit something in a PDF file, which we can’t do in a native PDF reader. To do this, you need to use third-party PDF editors. If you want, you can also take the assistance of Google Docs to fulfill your requirements. In this, we will first upload a PDF to Google Drive, would open it with Google Docs, and will make the needed changes in it.
- Please note that this won’t be a universal solution to edit PDF files. Google Docs can only export some PDF documents and not all.
- Since Google Docs would be reading the textual content of a PDF and will present it in its native format, a lot of information might get lost in the process.
- The actual formatting of the PDF document or its embedded links, images, etc. would be lost as well.
Since this is not an ideal method to edit PDF, it might not yield the expended results. Nevertheless, you can give it a try and learn how to edit PDF in Google docs in the following way.
Step 1: Upload PDF to Google Docs
To start with, you need to first load the PDF file you wish to edit on your Google Drive. Just go to your Google Drive page and click on My Drive > Upload Files to launch a browser window to locate (and load) the PDF. You can also click on the “+” icon on the sidebar to upload a document.
Step 2: Open PDF in Google Docs
Once you have added the PDF to Google Drive, you can just select it, and right-click to get its context menu. From here, you can choose to open it with Google Docs.
Step 3: Edit a PDF in Google Docs
Wait for a while as Google Docs would read the content of the PDF file and will present it in its own interface. You can now edit PDFs in Google Docs the way you like. In the end, you can go to its Menu > File > Download and save the edited file as a PDF on your system.
A More Feasible PDF Editor for Google Docs
Since it is such a tedious job to edit PDF file in Google Docs, users often look for a more feasible solution. If you want, you can try Nitro PDF Suite that provides hassle-free PDF editing solutions. It will retain the existing format of the PDF file and you can even edit images on the PDF document as well. Apart from that, there are several other solutions to create, convert, and protect PDF files that the tool offers.
- You can edit the text or graphical content of the PDF document without changing its format.
- You can also insert, delete, arrange, resize, and crop images of a PDF file as well.
- Furthermore, you can also embed fonts and edit the header or footer of the file.
- The application offers additional features to create new PDF documents or convert them into different formats.
- You can also electronically sign PDF files and even collaborate with others using its mobile apps and cloud support.
To get things started with this fabulous PDF editor for Docs and access its editing features, you can follow these steps:
Step 1: Load the PDF file
Install and launch the Nitro Pro application on your Windows and go to its Menu > File > Open to load any PDF file you wish to edit.
Step 2: Edit the PDF file
Once the PDF file has been added, there are different options that you can use to edit its content.
- Go to Tools > Type Text to add any textual content to the file.
- To edit the existing textual content, go to the “Edit” panel on the sidebar. Highlight the text you wish to edit to get a floating toolbar or double-click it to get more options.
- You can also go to the Edit option and drag any text box to move it.
- If you want, you can just select the text and click on the “Delete” button to get rid of it.
- Furthermore, you can go to the “Format” option on the toolbar to get more formatting features related to font, text, background, etc.
- To resize or crop pages, go to the Page Layout section and access these options.
- To insert an image, go to Review > Review Tools > Add Image
- In the same way, you can also delete, extract, replace, and arrange images as well.
Step 3: Save the Edited PDF
Besides the above-listed tools, there are several other options to edit the PDF file. Once you have made the changes, go to the menu and save the file in the format of your choice.
Now when you know two different stepwise solutions to edit PDF files, you can easily make the needed changes in your PDF docs. Since it is pretty tough to edit PDF in Google Doc, it is recommended to use a more reliable Google documents PDF editor like Nitro PDF Suite. The application supports tons of options to edit, create, convert, and share PDF files that will fulfill every professional need of yours.