“I have a document, but I want to change its PDF orientation to landscape instead of portrait. Can someone tell me how to change PDF orientation?” If you also wish to change the orientation of your PDF from portrait to landscape or vice-versa, then you have come to the right place. While working with PDF documents, we often wish to change its overall orientation. Thankfully, there are different ways to change the orientation of PDF online or by using offline tools. In this post, I will let you know how to reorient PDF in 3 different ways.
Method 1. PDFelement: The Smartest Way to Change PDF OrientationThe first solution that I would recommend to change orientation in PDF would be PDFelement by Wondershare. With just one-click, you can change PDF orientation to landscape or portrait. There are different ways to edit PDF orientation in the tool – you can do it automatically or resize the document to make customized changes. Besides that, the tool can also be used to edit, annotate, protect, convert, and do other tasks on PDF files. Here are different ways to change orientation in PDF using PDFelement.
Step 1: Load the PDF fileFirstly, just open PDFelement on your Windows or Mac and click on the “Open File” button from its home to browse the respective document. You can also drag your PDF file and drop it on PDFelement’s window.
Step 2: Automatically change PDF orientationTo quickly perform PDF page orientation, go to the page, right-click, and select the “Rotate Pages” feature. Alternatively, you can also go to the sidebar and click on the thumbnail view for this. Now, right-click any thumbnail of the page, and select “Rotate Pages” from the context menu. As the dedicated window for this option will be launched, you can just select the desired orientation for the page – landscape or portrait. You can also implement this rotation to a range of pages from here. The interface will display its preview to let you check your changes before implementing them. Besides that, you can also go to the “Page” tab from the main navigation bar. Now, just select the pages to reorient in PDF and click on the “Rotate Left” or “Rotate Right” keys from the toolbar.
Step 3: Set custom size and orientation for a pageYou can also edit PDF orientation and resize it the way you like. For this, open the file in PDFelement, go to its Page section and click on the “Page Boxes” field. From here, you can apply different margin settings to the page. Now, go to the “Change Page Size” field and set a custom size for the page. This will let you retain the orientation of the page while expanding it the way you like.
Method 2. Change PDF Orientation to Landscape/Portrait with Nitro ProJust like PDFelement, Nitro Pro also provides a quick and hassle-free solution to change orientation in PDF files. You can rotate the pages of your PDF document in default 90-degree alternatives with just a single click. If you want, you can set permanent changes to the file or keep the reorient PDF pages temporarily.
- To change PDF orientation using Nitro Pro, just launch the application, and load the PDF file in it.
- Now, navigate to the Home tab and go to Pages > Rotate. You can also get the option from the Page Layout tab > Pages > Rotate.
- This will let you rotate the pages into four different 90-degree options (landscape or portrait). You can also set the option to rotate pages temporally or maintain these changes permanently.
Method 3. Change Orientation of PDF Online with a Reliable ToolThere are also several options to perform PDF orientation change online as well. While these online tools might not be as effective as PDFelement, they would meet your basic requirements. Some of the options to change orientation of PDF online are free, others might charge a small amount (would leave their watermark otherwise). Also, please note that most of the methods to change PDF orientation online have a size limit for the document (like 25 MB). Some of the popular options to change PDF orientation online are from ilovePDF, SodaPDF, SmallPDF, PDF2Go, RotatePDF, and more. Let’s consider the example of RotatePDF.net and how it works to change the orientation of PDF online.
- Firstly, just visit the website of RotatePDF.net on your browser and click on the option to load the PDF. You can load it from your system’s storage or cloud like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- After the file is loaded, it will simply display its name here. Make sure that the size PDF document should not be more than 25 MB.
- Now, you can select different ways to rotate the document – you can load it in clockwise and anticlockwise directions.
- In the end, you can just save the PDF file on your system and view the rotated pages.