We all work on Word documents every now and then due to different reasons. Though, there are times when we wish to combine Word to PDF or create a new PDF document from one or multiple Word files as well. The good thing is that there are multiple ways to combine Word documents into one PDF. For instance, you can directly convert a Word file to a PDF or use a third-party tool to merge multiple files. In this informative post, I’m going to discuss all these solutions in a step by step manner.
Option 1: Use MS Word to Combine Word Docs to PDF
If you simply have an MS Word document, then you can use its native application to convert it to a PDF file. To do this, you can take the assistance of the inbuilt plug-in of Word that can combine Word into PDF documents. Here’s how you can do it pretty easily.
- If you already have multiple Word or PDF files from where you wish to extract any content, then open them first. Now, copy the needed content from them and paste it all in a single Word document.
- After preparing the MS Word document, go to its File > “Save As” option to save the copy of the file.
- Go to the location where you wish to save the file and give it a name. Under the “Save as type” dropdown option, you can view various formats to save the document. Just select PDF from here and convert the Word file to a PDF document.
Option 2: Use PDFelement to Combine Word into PDF
If you are looking for an all-in-one solution to combine or convert your documents, then you should try PDFelement. Using it, you can merge multiple Word files into a single PDF document. If you want, you can also directly convert a Word document to a PDF as well. Besides that, it also lets us make the needed changes in a PDF using its editing tools. The application can also help you annotate PDF files, protect them, create new PDF documents, share them with others, and do so much more.
Method 1: Combine Multiple Word Documents into One PDF
If you wish to combine multiple Word documents into PDF document using PDFelement, then follow these steps:
- Just launch PDFelement on your system and click on the “Combine PDF” option from its home page.
- As the following pop-up window will launch, click on the “Add” button. This will further open a browser window, letting you add the Word files that you wish to merge.
- Click on the “Next” button after adding the Word files and wait as the application would convert them to a PDF. You can later go to the “Edit” panel and make the needed changes in the PDF document.
- In the end, you can just go to the File menu > Save As option and save the merged PDF file wherever you want.
Method 2: Convert Word Files to a PDF
Apart from combining Word files as a single PDF, you can also use PDFelement to directly convert Word to PDF too. For this, all you got to do is launch PDFelement and click on the “Create PDF” button from its home. Now, browse and load the Word file of our choice and convert it to a PDF. You can also just drag and drop any Word file to PDFelement to directly convert it to a PDF.
After that, you can make the needed changes and save the edited PDF file to a secure location.
Option 3: Combine Word Files to PDF using Nitro Pro
Nitro Pro is another professional and user-friendly suite that you can use to combine Word to PDF. It provides a seamless solution to merge multiple Word documents together as a single PDF file. Furthermore, it can also let you directly convert a Word file to a PDF as well. There are also additional features to edit and convert PDF documents in different ways.
- To directly convert Word to PDF, open the file in MS Word, go to the Nitro PDF tab on it, and convert it to a PDF file. You can also go to Nitro Pro’s interface > Create PDF and load a Word file.
- In order to combine Word to PDF, you can go to its Home > Create > Combine to get the Combine Files window.
- Now, click on the “Add Files” button and load the Word documents you wish to merge. Customize the process by visiting its conversion settings and click on the “Create”button in the end.
This brings us to the end of this extensive guide on how to combine two Word documents into one PDF in three different ways. Since MS Word can only convert DOC/DOCX to PDF, it is often not used by experts. I would recommend going with a professional tool like PDFelement or Nitro Pro that can easily combine Word files to a PDF and will even let you edit PDF files as well. Not just that, it can also help you convert, merge, split, protect, annotate, and share PDF documents like a pro.