“I have a PDF document that I wish to convert to an RTF file so that I can extract its text easily, but I don’t know how to do that. Can someone tell me how to convert PDF to RTF quickly?”
As I read this question posted on a leading online forum, I realized that a lot of other people also encounter a similar situation. Ideally, RTF (Rich Text Format) is majorly used to work with textual content via applications like WordPad or MS Word. Since it is easier to edit and work with an RTF file, a lot of people would like to convert a PDF document into it. Well, in this post, I’m going to tell you how to convert PDF to RTF in three different ways.
Method 1: Manually Copy the PDF Text [Time-Consuming]
If you don’t have a lot of text to extract from a PDF, then this would be an ideal solution. All you got to do is just copy the text from a PDF file and paste it in another RTF document. In the end, you can just save the RTF document and open it with WordPad or MS Word. Though, if there is a lot of content to extract from a PDF, then this could turn out to be extremely time-consuming.
- Firstly, just open the PDF file with the application of your choice and select the content you wish to extract. Right-click to get its context menu and copy the text from the PDF file.
- Afterward, open another RTF file in WordPad or MS Word and paste the content that you have just copied from the PDF.
- In the end, you can go to its File > Save As and save the file in the Rich Text Format.
Method 2: Convert PDF to RTF on Mac and Windows [The Simplest Solution]
Since you would end up losing a lot of data if you manually convert PDF to Rich Text, you should use a reliable PDF to RTF converter like PDFelement. With just a single click, the application can convert the PDF file and its content to an RTF document. While doing so, it will retain all the data including text and images. Not just RTF, you can also convert PDF to images, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other supported formats as well. Here’s how you can convert PDF to Rich Text Format using PDFelement.
Step 1: Open the PDF fileTo start with, just open the PDF file on PDFelement by launching the application. Click on the “Open File” button from its home to locate and load the PDF document.
Step 2: Convert from PDF to RTFAfter loading the PDF document, go to the “Convert” tab on PDFelement to view various format options like Word, PowerPoint, RTF, Excel, Images, and so on. Just select the “RTF” option and make the needed selections for the conversion process.
Step 3: Save the RTF fileThat’s it! Once the PDF file has been successfully converted to an RTF document, you can specify a location to save it. Later, you can access the RTF file from the respective location and open it with WordPad or MS Word. Furthermore, PDFelement can also be used for the following major features:
- It can edit existing content in a PDF file including its text, images, tables, etc.
- You can protect your PDF documents with its digital signature tool.
- Also, users can import files of other formats to a PDF document as well.
- You can create interactive PDF forms or fill existing PDF files.
- It can also be used to annotate PDF files, highlight text, and work on various other tools.
- Additional features to help us share PDF files and collaborate with others.
Method 3: Convert PDF to RTF with Nitro Pro [Easy and Fast]Another quick and reliable PDF to RTF file converter that you can try is from Nitro Pro. The application is available for leading Windows versions like Windows 7, 8, and 10 with a user-friendly interface. If you want, you can convert multiple files in one go or extract content from a single PDF. Furthermore, you can convert the entire document or select the pages that you wish to convert to RTF.
- Just open Nitro Pro on your system and go to its Home > Convert group > To Other and select the “To Rich Text” option.
- As a dedicated window will open, you can click on the “Add Files” button to locate and add the PDF file of your choice.
- Now, you can convert the entire document or go to the “Pages” section to select the pages you wish to convert. You can also visit its “Conversion Settings” option to further make the needed changes.
- In the end, just select a location to save in the “Output” field and click on the “Convert” button.
I’m sure that after reading this guide, you can learn how to change PDF to RTF in different ways. Needless to say, if you only have to extract limited textual content from a PDF, then you can just manually copy it. Otherwise, you can use a professional tool like PDFelement or Nitro Pro to meet your requirements. Both of these PDF to Rich Text converter are used by leading experts and have tons of other add-on features that you would love to explore.