“I have a PDF document that I need to convert to a presentation in Keynote. Can I convert PDF to Keynote directly or do I need to manually copy everything one by one?”
Today, PDF files are universally used to exchange or extract information in different ways. Though, there are times when users wish to extract the content from a PDF document and create a Keynote presentation from it. Well, in this case, you can use a PDF to Keynote converter that can save your time and effort. To convert a PDF file to a Keynote supported format, you can use a third-party tool or take the assistance of its native features. I have included both of these solutions for PDF conversion in this post.
Method 1: Convert PDF to Keynote on Mac Using PDFelement
If you are looking for an all-in-one PDF suite to perform various operations on PDF documents, then PDFelement would be the right choice. Developed by Wondershare, it provides a wide range of features to convert, edit, share, protect, and perform various other tasks. With just a single click, you can convert a PDF file to a PowerPoint format that you can easily open with Keynote and make the needed changes in it.
- PDFelement provides a fast and one-click solution to convert PDF to Keynote supported presentation formats.
- Besides that, you can also export your PDF file as images, Word, Excel, RTF, and other popular formats too.
- There is also a provision to edit the existing content in a PDF file so that you can make the needed changes in it easily.
- Furthermore, you can also create a PDF file from any other source. There are other options to merge, split, protect, share, and perform several other tasks on a PDF.
- The tool is extremely easy to use and is fully compatible with leading Windows and Mac versions.
Step 1: Open the PDF with PDFelementFirstly, launch the PDFelement application on your Mac and from its home, click on the “Open File” option. This will load a browser window, letting you locate and open any PDF document. You can also just drag and drop the PDF file to the application as well.
Step 2: Convert PDF to a supported formatAfter when the PDF file is opened with PDFelement, just go to its Menu > File > Export To and select a supported format (like PowerPoint or Image). Ideally, converting it to a PowerPoint format will let you directly load it on Keynote. You can also export each page as an image and can later import it on Keynote.
Step 3: Open the file with KeynoteSimply browse and select the exported PPT file and right-click to get its context menu. From here, choose to open it with Keynote or just drag and drop it to the Keynote application.
Method 2: Manually Extract Content to Keynote using PreviewIf you want, you can also manually extract all the important content from a PDF and use it on Keynote. Apart from manually copying data from a PDF, you can also take the assistance of the Preview app to copy each PDF page to Keynote. Here’s how you can manually copy PDF data to Keynote.
- If you want, you can just open a PDF file on your Mac and manually copy the content you wish to extract. After that, open Keynote and paste the copied content in it.
- Furthermore, you can also go to Mac’s Applications > Preview and open a PDF file on it. Afterward, go to its View > Thumbnail to get a thumbnail slider on Preview.
- Now, open a new project on Keynote (or an existing project) and place it nearby the Preview window.
- You can now manually drag a page from Preview’s sidebar and drop it on Keynote. In this way, you can manually copy each page of the PDF file to Keynote.
Bonus: Convert PDF to Keynote OnlineYou might already know that there are plenty of online tools that can convert PDF files to different formats. If you are looking for a quick solution like this, then you can search for a PDF to Keynote converter online as well. All you got to do is visit an online tool and upload your PDF. It will automatically extract the vital details from a PDF and will export it as a Keynote. Just be sure that you use a reliable online tool so that any vital data from your PDF won’t be missed. There you go! After reading this guide, you would certainly be able to turn PDF into Keynote in different ways. Since the manual technique is not that reliable and will consume a lot of time, you can go with any other solution like PDFelement. It is a dedicated application that can convert PDF to different formats like PowerPoint, Word, and Excel supported files. You can also convert PDF to images or text and use the exported content the way you like.