A while back, I was working on a PDF document and there was a table in the PDF file that I had to export as an Excel spreadsheet. I know it might sound like a simple job, but it took me a while to figure it out. Since we can’t edit the PDF content just like that, we can’t readily copy and paste the table to an Excel file. Though, the good news is that there are some third-party applications that can help us convert a PDF table to Excel easily. In this post, I’m going to explore three of these tried and tested solutions in detail.
Method 1: Nitro PDF Pro: A One-click PDF to Excel Table Converter
I’m going to start with the solution that helped me convert PDF table to Excel on Windows. The PDF Suite by Nitro offers a wide range of features to create new PDF files, edit them, and even convert PDF documents to other formats. For instance, you can export the PDF file to Word, PowerPoint, and Excel supported formats. If you want, you can convert the entire PDF to an Excel sheet or just select the pages where a table is present.
Nitro PDF will let you export the PDF table into supporting formats like XML or XLSX. It has an advanced Optical Character Reader that would read the content of the PDF table and will export them as an Excel file. Here’s how you can also copy table from PDF to Excel using Nitro Pro.
- To begin things, just install the Nitro PDF Suite on your computer and launch it to access its features.
- Go to its Home tab and click on the “Convert” group to access features like To Word, To PowerPoint, To Excel, etc. Just click on the “To Excel” option to convert the PDF table to an XML or XLSX format.
- This will launch a dedicated pop-up window on the screen now. Click on the “Add Files” button to open a browser window so that you can locate and load the PDF document.
- If you want to select the pages where a tabular content is placed, then click on the “Choose Pages” button. From here, you can just select the pages to convert.
- Furthermore, you can select the output location to save the file and choose whether you wish to convert single or multiple Excel documents.
- Once you have made the conversion settings, just click on the “Convert” button and let the application export table to Excel file.
Method 2: Adobe Acrobat DC Pro
Acrobat DC Pro is developed by Adobe as an advanced PDF application that can help you edit, convert, or protect your PDF files. Though, it comes with a substantial price tag with limited features and that is why it is often not opted by users. Nevertheless, if you already have the Acrobat DC Pro installed, then you can use it to export your PSD files to Word, Excel, or PowerPoint formats.
All you go to do is launch Adobe Acrobat DC Pro and open the PDF document you wish to convert. Afterward, go to its File menu and click on the “Convert to Word, Excel or PowerPoint” feature. This will open a dedicated interface to load the PDF file and select its output Excel format. The application will use its OCR feature to access the PDF table and would convert it to an Excel sheet.
Method 3: Convert PDF Table to Excel Free Using Online Tools
There are also a couple of online converters that you can try to extract table from PDF to Excel file. All you got to do is visit these online tools and upload the PDF file that you wish to convert. Please make sure that the size of the PDF file would be under the restricted limit put by these applications. Some of these popular PDF table to Excel online converters that you can try are form ilovePDF, SmallPDF, SodaPDF, SimplyPDF, PDFtoExcelOnline, Online2PDF, and more.
I’m sure that after learning three different solutions to convert a PDF table to Excel, you would be able to meet your requirements. Though if you are looking for a hassle-free and user-friendly solution, then you can just try Nitro PDF Pro. It is a powerful tool that can convert PDF files to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. Also, it can also help you create PDF files, electronically sign them, edit existing PDF documents, and even share them with others. Feel free to give it a try and you never have to look for any other tool to work on your PDF files.