Do you have a PDF file that you wish to convert to a Word document, but can’t find an ideal solution? Well, in this case, you have landed in the right place as I’m going to explore the same in this guide. Ideally, there are several native as well as third-party solutions that you can consider to convert PDF to Word. Without much ado, let’s explore four of these stepwise methods in detail.
Method 1: Using Nitro PDF to Word Converter
If you are looking for an all-in-one PDF converter, editor, and creator, then you can use the Nitro PDF Suite. With just a single click, it can convert PDF to editable Word document, Excel, or PowerPoint supported formats. Also, you can use it to edit existing PDF files or just create new PDF documents as well. It can also help you share your PDF files, collaborate with others, or protect them.
Users can convert an entire PDF to MS Word or just select the pages that they wish to convert. Here’s how you can use the Nitro PDF to Word convertor to transfer PDF to Word.
- To start with, install and launch the Nitro PDF Suite on your Windows PC whenever you wish to access its features. Afterward, go to its Home tab and click on the “Convert group > To Word” option.
- Now, click on the “Add Files” option to open a browser window where you can locate and load the PDF document. If you want, you can load multiple documents and convert them together as well.
- Furthermore, you can also go to the “Choose Pages” file and mark the pages that you wish to convert as well. If you want, you can select the entire document too.
- Lastly, go to the “Output” feature and select the location where you wish to save your files. Now, click on the “Convert” button in the end and let the application convert PDF to Microsoft Word.
Method 2: Using Google Docs
If you are an avid user of Google Docs, then you might already know that it can be used as a PDF to Word converter online . In this, we will first open a PDF file on Google Docs and would later download it as a Word document. Though, when Google Docs would load the PDF file, then you might end up losing some data or its formatting. Therefore, it is not an ideal method to convert PDF to editable word document, but you can try it nevertheless.
- Go to your Google Drive’s interface and click on the “+” icon to load a file. You can also go to My Drive > Upload files and browse to the location where the PDF is stored.
- Once the PDF document is loaded to Google Docs, you can select it and right-click to get its context menu. From here, you can choose to open the PDF with Google Docs.
- Wait for a while as Google Docs would try to read the characters of the PDF and will display it in its interface. You can edit it if you want to and go to its File > Download > Microsoft Word to save it as a DOCX file.
Method 3: Using Microsoft Word
A lot of users also try to translate PDF to Word directly with MS Word. Well, if the PDF document only has text and doesn’t include heavy formatting, then you can follow this approach. In this, Word would automatically try to read the characters and will convert them in its native format. While the method does not have a high success rate, you can try it in the following way.
- Firstly, locate the PDF document that is stored on your computer and right-click it to get its context menu.
- Click on the “Open with” feature and from the list of the supported applications, choose to open the document with MS Word.
- MS Word would try to load the PDF file and will optimize it to recognize the characters. Simply agree to the prompt and wait as MS Word would load the document.
Method 4: Using Adobe Acrobat Pro
Lastly, you can also take the assistance of Adobe Acrobat Pro software to convert PDF to Word, Excel, or PowerPoint formats. This is a pro version of the Adobe Acrobat that you can purchase from its website. While the solution is pretty apt, it would cost you a lot as the PDF to Word file converter is not available for free.
- Install and launch the Adobe Acrobat Pro on your system and open the PDF file that you wish to convert.
- Once the PDF document is loaded, go to its Menu > File and click on the “Convert to Word, Excel or PowerPoint” option.
- This will launch a dedicated interface to export your PDF file into different formats. Select the MS Word option under the “Convert To” feature and click on the “Export to Word” button to comfort PDF to Word.
That’s a wrap, everyone! Now when you know 4 different ways to copy PDF to Word, you can export your PDF files in the desired Word format. Since options like Google Docs or MS Word might not yield the expected results, you can go with a trusted tool like Nitro PDF Suite. It is a complete PDF Suite that offers tons of features to convert, edit, and share PDF documents.