It doesn’t matter if you are a student or a working professional, all sorts of individuals work with PDF documents these days. Although PDF files are widely used the world over, there are times when we wish to extract information from them. To do that, we often wish to convert PDF to Word Mac. Well, this is exactly where a lot of people face unwanted issues. What if I tell you there are multiple ways to convert PDF files to a Word format? Here, in this post, I’m going to discuss three solutions to convert PDF to an editable Word file on Mac.
Solution 1: PDFelement: A One-click PDF to Word Converter for Mac
If you are looking for the simplest solution to change PDF to Word on Mac, then you can try PDFelement. It is a highly resourceful application that provides a wide range of solutions related to PDF. With just a single click, users can convert a PDF file to Word, PowerPoint, or Excel supported formats. Besides that, it also lets us edit existing PDF content, create PDF forms, compress PDF files, add digital signatures, and do so much more.
All you got to do is download PDFelement on your Mac by visiting its website and convert your file to Word or any other text format. Here are two different ways of using PDFelement to convert PDF to Word document on Mac.
Method 1: View and Convert the PDF File
- Firstly, just install and launch PDFelement on your Mac and go to its File menu to open the document you wish to convert.
- Once the file is opened, you can view it. Go to the File menu again and click Export PDF. This will list options like Word, PowerPoint, Image, etc. as an output format.
- Just click on the “Word” option and select a destination location to save the converted file.
- Now, click on the “Save” button and let the application convert your PDF file. In the end, you can go to the output folder and view the Word file.
Method 2: Directly Convert the PDF
- To directly convert your PDF file, launch the PDFelement application, and click on the “Open File” option from its home.
- This will launch a browser window, letting you browse and open the source PDF file to convert. Then click the Tool option on the left menu. In the expanded menu, choose PDF Converter.
- Subsequently, another window will open. Click the +Add button at the left bottom. Click Add Open Files button agian. You can also import more PDF files for conversion in bulk.
- Select “To Word” from here and click on the “Apple” button. The application will ask you to select the output folder. After specify the location, the conversion will begin.
Solution 2: Export PDF to Word on Mac with Native Features
If you want, you can also take the assistance of Mac’s native applications like Preview or Automator to meet your requirements. Although the method is a bit complicated, you can give it a try nevertheless. The major drawback is that these solutions can only extract text from a PDF file. If the PDF has tables, graphics, images, etc. then these details might get lost in the process.
Method 1: Using Mac’s Preview
- Simply open the PDF file in the Preview application and select the content (text) that you wish to extract.
- After selecting the text, right-click to get the context menu, and copy the selected text.
- Now, launch MS Word on your Mac, open a new document, and simply paste the copied content on it. You can save it as a Word file now and use it the way you like.
Method 2: Using Mac’s Automator
- Alternatively, you can also launch the Automator app on your Mac and open a new Workflow from its File menu. Afterward, go to its Actions panel > Files & Folders > Ask for Finder Items.
- Now, a browser window will open, letting you browse and select the PDF file of your choice.
- After loading the file, go to the Actions panel again, and select PDFs > Extract PDF text option.
- As a pop-up window will open, you can drag the PDF file and select the output type (like plain or rich text). Also, select a location to save the converted file and start the extraction process.
Solution 3: Convert PDF to Word on Mac Free Online
Lastly, there are several online tools that you can also try to convert from PDF to Word on Mac. All you got to do is visit their web page and load the PDF file that you want to convert to a Word-supported format. Once the conversion process is completed, you can just download the file and use it the way you like. Though, some online tools have restrictions on the size of the PDF and can also leave a watermark as well. Some of these tools are from SmallPDF, ilovePDF, SodaPDF, PDFtoDOC, SimplyPDF, PDFonline, and so on.
I’m sure that after going through the above Mac PDF to Word converter, you would be able to convert any PDF file to a Word-supported format. As you can see, the best solution to convert PDF to Word on Mac is by using a dedicated tool like PDFelement. Besides Word, it can also convert PDF files to other formats without any data loss. Feel free to give it a try and convert your PDF documents to Word files without losing any formatting or details.