These days, almost everyone uses PDF documents for their professional and personal work. Though, while working on PDF files at times, we are needed to add comments and annotate the document. To do that, you need a reliable PDF markup software or use a PDF markup online tool. In this post, I will share my experience of using various PDF drawing markup tools in detail.
PDFelement: The Best PDF Markup Software for Windows and MacUsing this PDF markup tool, you can easily annotate your documents and make the needed changes in a hassle-free manner. PDFelement provides a user-friendly way to markup any PDF file, add texts, highlight it, and do so much more. Since it also supports the editing of PDF content, you can directly make any changes in the file as well.
- You can highlight any particular area in the PDF file in the color of your choice.
- There is an option to add multiple comments in the document. You can even copy-paste comments from any other source as well.
- Users can add text boxes, drawings, stamps, and other shapes in the PDF document.
- There are different PDF markup techniques like highlight, strikethrough, underline, caret, squiggly, etc. to help you proofread the document.
- Besides that, you can also directly edit the document, convert it, use its OCR feature, and do other tasks.
Step 2: Use its PDF markup toolOnce the PDF file is loaded, just go to the Comment section from the navigation bar to access the wide range of PDF drawing markup tools it has. If you explore, you can see various techniques to markup PDF files. You can just change your cursor to an I-beam to select anything. If you want, you can use markup features like highlight, strikethrough, underline, caret, and squiggly. You can select a text and right-click for that or just go to its toolbar to use these PDF markup tools. After performing drawing markups in PDF, you can right-click, and go to its Properties as well. This will let you customize the opacity, color, and the overall appearance of the markup. Using this section, you can also add single-line or multi-line comments in the document. There are also PDF drawing markup tools to add different shapes to the file and further customize them. Besides that, you can even add stamps or include an entire attachment as a comment from its annotation features.
Step 3: Review and save the PDF fileIf you are not happy with anything, then you can just select the markup and delete it (by right-clicking or pressing the DEL key). There is also an option to hide/view the annotations in the PDF entirely on the toolbar. After making the appropriate changes, you can just go to its File menu and click on the “Save As” button to save the PDF file.
Nitro Pro: A Reliable PDF Markup Tool for WindowsNitro Pro is a smart and user-friendly Windows application that you can use to markup PDF files. There are various inbuilt PDF drawing and markup tools in the application that you can use. If you want, you can later directly edit the PDF document and even convert it to different formats.
- To use the Nitro Pro PDF markup software, just launch the application, and open the PDF file on it.
- After opening the file, go to the “Review” tab on the interface and visit its “Markup” feature.
- Here, you can view different ways to markup PDF files. For instance, you can directly highlight the text, underline it, cross it, and even add comments.
- After making the appropriate changes, review your document, and go to its File menu to save it.