In the last few years, PDF files have become more popular than ever. Apart from professionals, even students and teachers use PDF documents for all kinds of reasons. Though, while reviewing a PDF file, you might wish to highlight some important parts for yourself or someone else’s reference. Well, in this case, you need to use a PDF highlighter tool that is included in different applications. To make it easier for you, I’m going to include three different applications in this guide and will let you know how to use their PDF highlighter tool.
Option 1: PDFelement (for Mac and Windows)To start with, I’m going to discuss the tool that I use to work with PDF files like a pro. With the help of Wondershare PDFelement, you can annotate PDF files easily and even highlight text in PDF. It provides a wide range of features to highlight any text we want or highlight an entire area as well. Furthermore, there are options to add comments, text boxes, and even delete something you don’t like.
- Using its PDF highlighter tool, you can highlight any text easily. The interface will even provide options for different colors that you can use to highlight.
- Besides text, you can also use its feature to highlight any particular area or part in your PDF file.
- PDFelement also provides different options to annotate documents, add comments, insert sticky notes, use its underline or strikethrough tool, add stamps, and so on.
- Additionally, the application can also be used to edit PDF documents, add/delete anything, convert PDF files to other formats, add digital signatures, share PDF files, etc.
You can easily highlight PDF file with Wondershare PDFelement in the following way:
- Start by launching PDFelement on your Mac or Windows system and click on the “Open File” option from its home. This will launch a browser window for you to locate and load any PDF document.
- Once the document is opened, you can view it on PDFelement’s interface. Go to the Comment tab to discover the various features to underline, highlight, comment, etc.
- As you would click on the PDF highlighter tool from here, your cursor will be changed. You can now select the content that you wish to highlight on your PDF.
- While highlighting, the interface will provide options for different colors as well. In this way, you can highlight content in the same PDF in a different manner.
- If you want, you can also select the highlighter box icon from here, which would let you highlight an entire area.
- That’s it! Once you are done highlighting the document, you can go to the tool’s menu > File > Save As and save the PDF as a second copy to any preferred location.
Option 2: Adobe Acrobat DC ReaderIf you only wish to highlight PDF document, then you can also try the Adobe Acrobat DC Reader. The application is available for free and can be downloaded from the official Adobe Acrobat website. Although it is majorly used to view PDF files, there is also a PDF highlighter feature that you can try to add highlight to PDF.
- Just open the PDF file with Adobe Acrobat DC Reader to start with. You can first launch the application and go to its File > Open to browse and load any file.
- Once the PDF file is opened, go to its toolbar and click on the highlighter icon. This will change your cursor to a PDF highlighter.
- Now, just select any text in your PDF file in order to highlight it. You can further add any comment or remove the highlight as well.
Option 3: Nitro Pro (for Windows)Lastly, you can also take the assistance of Nitro Pro to highlight words in PDF file too. The application is available for leading Windows versions and provides different options to annotate PDF files. You can use its markup option to highlight, underline, and cross-out any content in a PDF file. Furthermore, you can also edit or remove content from a document, add comments, include different shapes, and use its other tools as well.
- To begin with, just launch Nitro Pro and go to its File to open any PDF file with the application.
- Once the PDF document is opened, go to the application’s Review tab > Markup group > Markup Text to get options like highlight, underline, etc.
- Just select the “Highlight” feature from here to get a marquee selection. Simply mark the text you wish to highlight and further change the highlight color if you wish to.
That’s a wrap, everyone! After reading this post, you would be able to make PDF highlightable with the suggested tools. Since I have been using PDFelement for a while now, I can recommend it to highlight PDF texts (and other content) easily. It provides us an option to highlight just the text or any particular area in a document. Go ahead and try its PDF highlighter and let us know about your experience in the comments.