The Easiest Way to Add a Link to PDF: PDFelementPDFelement by Wondershare is a dedicated application that provides an extensive set of features related to PDF. Using it, you can easily edit any PDF file and add all kinds of content to it as well. For instance, you can add html link to PDF and provide different actions to that link. Furthermore, it also lets us add comments, edit existing content, add digital signatures, and perform various other tasks on a PDF file.
- It provides a user-friendly and smart solution to add a link to PDF and connect it to a target location in different ways. You can link it to a URL, another page of the PDF, or open a file from the link.
- There are different options to work on the link appearance and type too. You can select the color for the link, its type, thickness, highlight style, and so on.
- Apart from adding new links to a PDF, you can also unlink something as well or further customize the link.
- Besides that, PDFelement can also be used to edit existing files or create new PDF documents. There are features to protect, convert, share, optimize, and annotate PDFs in the application.
Once you have installed PDFelement on your Windows or Mac, you can follow these three steps to add web link to PDF.
Step 1: Open the file on PDFelement
Firstly, launch PDFelement on your computer and click on the “Open File” option from its home. This will open a browser window so that you can locate and load a PDF file of your choice.
Step 2: Hyperlink in PDF file
After opening the file, go to the “Edit” tab of the application and click on the “Link” option. Now, you can just select the text (or area) where you wish to add the link. Once you release the mouse, the following pop-up window will open. Here, you can provide details on how you wish the link to appear.
Additionally, you can also select if you wish to link a page, a URL, or open a file. If you wish to add a web link to PDF, then just enter the URL under the web page section. To open a file, you need to browse and select the location where the file is currently saved. You can also jump to another page of the same file from the link too.
Step 3: Save the linked PDF
Once the link is added, you can view it on your PDF file. You can select and right-click to get options related to it and even unlink it from here. In the end, you can just go to File > Save As to save the changes and maintain another copy of the document (if needed).
Another Option to Hyperlink in PDF Document: Nitro Pro
If you are looking for any other solution to add links in PDF document, then you can also try Nitro Pro. Though, unlike PDFelement, it is only available for Windows as of now. The tool is pretty easy to use and will let you add a URL to your PDF file on the go.
- Firstly, launch Nitro Pro on your computer and open the PDF document on it.
- Afterward, go to its Navigation group > Page Layout tab > Link and select the area you wish to link on the file.
- As the Create Link window will open, you can set your preferences for the link appearance and link action.
- Enter the target URL or the page number in the link action section and add the link to the PDF document.