“I want to make a user manual and would like to add bookmarks to it. Can someone tell me how to add bookmarks to PDF files?” If you are working on an eBook, a user manual, or a technical document, then you might wish to bookmark PDF files too. A bookmark makes it easier for us to manage the document and access certain parts of it quickly. Though, if you don’t use the right tools, then you can find it hard to create bookmarks in PDF files. In this post, I will let you know how to bookmark PDF pages in 4 different ways.
PDFelement: The Best Solution to Bookmark PDFs on WindowsIf you want to manage your documents or insert a bookmark in a PDF file, then just take the assistance of PDFelement. It provides a user-friendly solution to add bookmarks to any location in the file. Later, you can even remove the bookmark, rename it, create child bookmarks, and do so much more. Since PDFelement is a diverse application, it provides several other solutions to edit, convert, protect, and manage your PDF files.
To learn how to bookmark PDF files and manage bookmarks in a document using PDFelement, just follow these steps.
Step 1: Open the PDF file to bookmarkFirstly, just launch PDFelement on your system and drag-and-drop the PDF file of your choice to its interface. You can also click on the “Open File” button from its home to browse the document.
Step 2: Add Bookmarks to PDFOnce the PDF file is loaded, go to the Home section in the navigation bar and click on “Select”. This will change the cursor, letting you select the text that you wish to create as a bookmark. After selecting the text, right-click to get its context menu, and select the “Add Bookmark” feature. A dedicated bookmark section will appear on the sidebar where you can rename the bookmark and make any other change in it.
Step 3: Manage your PDF bookmarks (optional)To manage your bookmarks, just click on the dedicated bookmark icon from the sidebar to open its panel. Now, just right-click the bookmark to get options to rename it, delete it, add child bookmarks to it, set another destination, etc.
Insert Bookmarks in PDF using Nitro Pro for WindowsNitro Pro is another resourceful Windows application that you can use to create bookmarks in PDF. You can select any text (like a title of the page) to make bookmarks in PDF documents. There is also a feature to build bookmarks automatically and letting the tool select different levels of the file. To learn how to insert bookmarks in PDF using Nitro Pro, just go through these steps.
- Firstly, launch the Nitro Pro application on your Windows and just open the PDF file on it that you wish to manage.
- If you want to turn a text into a bookmark, then browse to its Home tab > Tools and click on “Select”. This will let you select a text that you wish to bookmark in the PDF file.
- After selecting the text, right-click it, and choose to add it as a bookmark. This will launch the bookmark option to help you manage things.
- If you want, you can also go to its Page Layout section > Navigation > Bookmark and click on the “Auto Build Bookmarks” option. This will let the application detect various levels in the file to add bookmarks to PDF automatically.
Use Adobe Acrobat DC Pro to Insert Bookmarks in PDFIf you want, you can also take the assistance of Adobe’s Acrobat DC Pro to bookmark a PDF file. Since the feature is not available in the free PDF reader, you would have to buy a copy of its Pro version, which can be a bit expensive. If you have Acrobat DC Pro already installed, then you can bookmark any PDF page in the following way.
- Just launch Acrobat DC Pro on your system and open the PDF file on it that you wish to bookmark. From the side panel, just click on the bookmark icon.
- Now, just select the text that you wish to bookmark and it will automatically be labeled as a new bookmark. You can view it on the sidebar to further edit it.
- After that, you can select the main bookmark and follow the same drill. These new bookmarks will automatically be added to the main bookmark.
- If you want, you can go to its Edit > More > Add Bookmark to do the same and further manage your bookmarks from here.